Using web chat in contact centres can improve the customer experience as part of an integrated, multichannel communication strategy.
Call us on 01483 494690 or complete the form to learn more
A survey of over 350 contact centre professionals by Call Centre Helper showed the percentage of live chat contacts has risen and over 40% of contact centres indicated online chat is the next channel they wish to implement.
7 Benefits of using web chat
- People will find it a convenient way to communicate in real time and they don’t have to join the phone queue.
- It can improve sales and conversions, helping consumers get the answers they need to feel confident enough to make purchases. Imagine how being able to ask a quick question at the point of checkout might prevent abandoned shopping carts for example.
- It makes it possible to decrease the use of more expensive contact channels.
- It can make life easier for the team: alerts and next generation intelligent routing rules will connect chat users to appropriate advisors, when required.
- Controls and monitoring processes will ensure advisors aren’t sitting in a web chat ‘silo’. The system integrates channels and makes them visible to appropriate managers. They’ll have the analytics to know when to blend resources if chat isn’t as busy as another channel, for example – or if more help is needed when online chat is buzzing.
- Web chat online conversations can be recorded, stored and accessed easily for monitoring and quality control. You can also use them to inform future outbound and inbound campaigns.
- Integrating channels enables the contact centre to channel shift. You might shift an online chat conversation to the phone quickly or, if you have call queues inbound, perhaps play a message on your IVR giving customers the option of using live chat and providing a link to the page.
rostrvm web chat is a trusted and robust product, already being utilised by several of our customers. It’s easily integrated into your contact centre as a cost-effective channel, alongside other communication streams, according to contact volumes, customer preferences etc. It’s fast and straightforward to deploy and is user-friendly. Simple editing of the web chat online ‘widget’ look-and-feel enables matching of your chat presentation to your digital presence.
Rostrvm Solutions is a British software company. We design, develop and support the rostrvm suite of applications.
rostrvm overlays existing systems on-site or in the cloud and delivers the facilities your customers expect, together with the management information you need, to deliver high-quality, effective service.
For further information call us on: 01483 494 690, or email email@example.com